Last weekend, after what felt like ages of scheduling and planning, it was time to take some bump pics with one of my favorite photographers. Memories! A cute dress! Visiting with friends! It was all the good things I wanted to help commemorate what has so far been a charmed pregnancy.
So why was I bawling? Hormones had me feeling super unattractive and just not ready and I shed real, actual, ridiculous tears. Clearly the tears didn’t last and photos came out beautifully, but I have to admit it’s a little bit embarrassing how emotionally worked up I can get these days over what seems to be the littlest stuff.
What else have I cried over in the course of this pregnancy? Some of it is downright funny. Here’s a partial list.
- The movie “A Monster Calls,” (even though I read the book last summer and knew exactly what was coming)
- I ran out of club soda
- The song “It’s Quiet Uptown” from the musical Hamilton
- I had to park far away from my apartment on grocery shopping day because all the parking spots anywhere near my building were full
- That viral video of a teen coming out to his southern mom at their kitchen table and the mom being super loving and supportive
- The first birthday video some young parents I know made for their daughter
- Not being able to get air in my low tire despite stopping at all three gas stations in town
- My husband’s incredible kindness and patience
I’m pretty sure I’ll be back to my normal self in a few months time, but until then, you might just have to call me MJ.